The purpose of the article is to show you how to install the USB driver if it doesn't install automatically.
If it installs automatically it will show up in your Device Manager like the screen shot below (Notice is shows up in the Ports Directory and the Universal Serial Bus controllers Directory). If it doesn't install automatically it can take a few minutes to install once the Fluke instrument is turned on and connected to your PC with the USB cable. If it doesn't install automatically follow the steps below to install it manually.
1. Download the 430-II USB driver from https://www.fluke.com/en-us/support/software-downloads/fluke-430-series-ii-software-and-firmware to your desktop.
2. Create a folder on your desktop called 'Fluke driver'. Unzip the file to the Fluke driver folder on your desktop.
3. Turn on Fluke instrument.
4. Connect a USB cable to the Fluke instrument and the other end to the 2.0 USB port on a PC. NOTE: Do not use a 3.0 USB port if you plan on updating the firmware inside the Fluke instrument as this can lockup the instrument and you will need to send in to Fluke services for repair. Below is an example of a 2.0 USB port and a 3.0 USB port.
5. Open the computer's Device Manager by right clicking on the Windows Icon at the bottom left corner of computer screen.
6. Select Device Manager in the list by left clicking on that item.
7. In the Device Manager window you will notice since the driver did not install automatically either Other Devices or Unknown Device with an exclamation point or question mark will be in the list.
8. Right click on which ever shows up and select Properties.
9. Right click on the Driver tab and select Update Driver--select Browse My Computer for driver software.
10. Navigate the browser to your desktop and select the Fluke driver folder and install.
11. It may take a few minutes for the driver to install. To verify the driver has successfully installed, go back to the Device Manger. The Unknown or Other device should be gone and the Ports directory should show Fluke USB Serial Port with a Com number (see below example).
If the Universal Serial Bus Controllers show the Fluke 430 Series II but the Ports Directory doesn't show Fluke USB Serial Port number it means the driver did not complete the installation. You need to right click on the Fluke 430 Series II item inside the Universal Serial Bus controllers directory and update the driver by following the instructions above starting on step 8.